- Evaluates customer needs and curates services, grant disbursements and peer learning opportunities geared to build and enhance organizational capacity of the Foundation’s network of 260+ youth organizations.
- Establish strong professional relationships with NJTLs to understand customer (chapter, parent, and participant) needs, areas of opportunity to support, and ensure established criteria and reporting requirements are met.
- Lead a team of staff and consultants to provide direct technical assistance, host workshops and training programs, presentation of webinars, and production of tools and resources for NJTL practitioners.
- Develop an NJTL Advisory Group of Executive Directors, Fundraising and Program staff representing chapters of different levels, members of which inform and offer critical feedback on USTAF resources designed to improve organizational capacity, participant engagement and retention.
- Support the effort to establish the future Lulu’s Place Athletic and Academic Campus as a regional hub for NJTLs and as a national training destination for USTAF’s NJTL leaders, Tennis Professionals, and youth participants.
- Review, monitor and adjust USTAF’s Gold, Silver and Bronze levels criteria against capacity building and program goals to incentivize best practices and maximize impact across the NJTL network.
- Lead USTAF’s initiative to develop a College and Career Readiness in collaboration with a third party to improve short and longer term sports based youth development outcomes and expand school partnerships.
- Strengthen the tennis programming impact of the Foundation’s 260+ youth organizations nationwide by scaling access and successfully executing Tennis Professionals education and professional development opportunities. Address Tennis Professionals shortages through the design/implementation of a recruitment pipeline program of NJTL participants, alumni and existing volunteers in coordination with USTA-U and USTA D&I departments.
- Grow participation and retention through initiatives such as designing, piloting and implementing a practice and play league model that feeds and enhances the utilization of USTA Community Tennis suite of formats and competitive pathway.
- Design and support the implementation of successful tennis programming models with National Youth Organization affiliate partners.
- Improve the awareness of Excellence Program opportunities and grow participation by all NJTLs; expand the number of Excellence Team markets, total roster counts and the number of high-potential college-bound student-athletes. Ensure appropriate branding, and program expectations are met. Collaborate with Player Development staff to ensure pro-level NJTL prospects are thoughtfully supported and transitioned seamlessly.
- Build upon existing Key Performance Indicators and expand successful storytelling across the player pathway and capacity building programs to support fundraising and development efforts, annual report development, donor cultivation, reporting and stewardship. As requested, participate in donor pitch, stewardship and reporting meetings.
- Contribute thought leadership to ensure that all national programs and target markets will grow diverse tennis participation and attract revenue to sustain ongoing operations.
- Support revenue generation and donor engagement by designing specialized sponsor initiatives and activations that will be executed by the Fund/Development team across the USTAF NJTL player pathway
Financials, Database, Evaluation & Grant Disbursements
- Oversee the development and monitor respective budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Salesforce capabilities to improve the management of Excellence Program, Capacity Building and other areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Manager of Data & Disbursements and oversee the establishment of KPIS, data collection, and analysis pertaining to Capacity Building, the NJTL player pathway and Tennis Professionals education.
- Design and oversee the annual grant funding for areas of responsibility including but not limited to; the Excellence Program, Individual Player grants, Tennis Professionals education and Capacity Building programs.
Committee, Board, Section, and Leadership Engagement:
Lead and guide NJTL Committee sub-committees on tennis and toolkit, engage USTA section Player Development and National Player Development staff. Successfully navigate relationships in a complex USTA volunteer and staff structure.