Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and crafting opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
Work closely with the Heads of Women’s and Men’s Tennis and the Director of Coaching to design and maintain systems and processes for Performance Team support and Performance Team integration. To work with the Performance Analytics Team to develop and deliver Performance Analytics to American players on the pathway and their teams.
- To work closely with the Heads of Men’s & Women’s Tennis and the Director of Coaching to coordinate Performance Team Meetings and Philosophy-driven education for National Coaches and external coaches
- To develop positive relationships with our American professional players and their coaching teams.
- To deliver premier Performance Analytics to our top junior, transition, wheelchair and pros and their teams.
- To support the National Coaches in strengthening the USTA PD’s Team USA messaging and the PD culture of support, inclusiveness and respect for all American players.
- Maintain consistent, open, honest and respectful communication with personal and developmental coaches throughout the country
- Support the workflow that informs wildcard decisions.
- Maintain office hours at the Training Centers when not on the road, some weekend work required.
Who You Are
- Excellent leadership skills with a philosophy of creating a culture that fosters a strong team environment
- Ability to work with a variety of best in class performance analytics platforms and visualization software including but not limited to: HawkEye, Tennis Viz, SwingVision, Kinexon, Dartfish, Excel and Tableau
- Excellent computer and software skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and effectively manage relationships with players, their parents, coaches and the tennis community as a whole.
- Willing to reside in close proximity to the Home of American Tennis in the Orlando, FL area.
- Effectively manage budget, expense reports and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Maintain a high level of personal fitness and professionalism.
- Must sign and adhere to the USTA Code of Ethics.
- Responsible for all office related communication while traveling.
- College degree required, Masters preferred
- Able to provide references upon request.
- This position is designated as an essential in-person role in Orlando and will not allow for remote work unless approved by Supervisor.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), Promotional opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement, per academic year
- Mental and emotional wellness: resources for mental health and meditation
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available
The expected range for the base salary for this position is $85,000 to 100,000. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.