Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
- Develop and lead the Business Intelligence & Analytics function for Community Tennis to enable data-driven business decision making and build a data-driven culture.
- Responsible for the intelligent harvesting of insights from USTA and USTA partner data assets
- Lead the data science and analytics capabilities within USTA Community Tennis: identify and develop needed capabilities, resources, tools to support the business, Sections and People & Culture
- Partner with CTO and Enterprise Data Team to ensure data models, systems, governance and architecture support strategic objectives
- Build a team of data scientists, analysts and data modelers; develop data science capabilities to analyze, predict and model behaviors and scenarios to achieve targets
- Support target setting and achievement by identifying lead, lag, contributing metrics
- Support new program, product or service development through contribution of data and reporting requirements at project inception
- Serve as initial point of contact for data and reporting inquiries; partner with the Enterprise Data Team to identify data sources and run the internal process to identify data sources and assign work
- Make data and insights accessible for business teams/leadership through exceptional visualization and storytelling; drive adoption of data insights in decision making
- In coordination with the Technology team, reinforce position of USTA as a ‘Connector’ through development of the most robust tennis dataset that can add value to partners across the ecosystem; support Data-as-a-Service or Product development
- Work closely with business partners: Chief People & Culture Officer, Chief Executive Community Tennis, and their teams to interpret data, identify trends, patterns, and correlations
- Leverage market and customer-base research, market segmentation and existing data analysis tools to provide holistic insights to the organization.
Who Are You
- Competency and willingness to be both hands on and a strategic leader
- Ability to attract, hire and retain top BI talent
- A trusted partner to executive stakeholders, with strong influencing skills at all levels of the organization with an ability to partner across teams
- Strong business & financial acumen and strategic mindset, with an ability to think across a broad system, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills underpinned by world class presentation and storytelling abilities.
- Fluency in data analytics and data visualization tools, data modeling principles, BI delivery mechanisms, integration tools and techniques as well as architectural options
- 8 - 10+ years of data analytics and management experience; previous experience starting a BI&A function considered a strong plus
- Experience managing large-scale and complex data transformation projects
- Strong interest in the USTA’s mission, with the ability to serve as a strong, compelling ambassador for the USTA.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Highly collaborative with a “team” mentality.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- This position is designated as "hybrid/flex" located in Orlando FL.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark partnership and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position is $150,000 - 175,000. This role is bonus eligible. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.