Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
- Teach clinics, group lessons, and private lessons, organize round robins, and assist with any programs, events, or intern training as needed.
- Assist with promotion of programs.
- Teach in camps including summer camps.
- Assist with tennis events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Racquet Sports.
Who You Are
- Available to work a 5-day, full schedule year-round, including weekends
- USPTA or PTR Certified (or willing to become and maintain either certification)
- Strong playing skills, 4.0+ rating preferred
- Coordinated, highly motivated, prompt, ambitious, and enthusiastic
- Proficient digital literacy and willingness to use IT
- A customer-focused demeanor, and a passion for working with people
- Willing to align with the USTA National Campus Teaching Philosophy
- Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attend professional development trainings & meetings
- Willing to receive CPR, AED certifications and undergo a background check
- Able to start something new, grow an existing program, manage other coaches, train and develop other coaches
- Ability to serve as a USTA-U intern mentor
Junior and Adult Teaching:
- Prior experience in R-O-G-Y tennis methodology preferred
- Ability to work in a variety of settings such as summer camp, instructional clinics, and with children of all ages
- Comfortable working with 4-6 players in a group clinic format
- Ability to run dynamic drop-in tennis sessions with up to 8 players
- Experience training USTA players and teams
- Knowledge of running tournaments and member events a plus
- This position is designated as "on-site" and requires the employee to be at the office site to complete the required tasks associated with the position.
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy - including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement, per academic year.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
This is an hourly postion with an expected income of $70,000 to $90,000 ($38-$46 per hour).The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant's qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we'd love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.