Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open. USTA Hawaii Pacific is looking for a Program Manager to assist with its mission to promote and develop the growth of tennis.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don't worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
To develop, promote, and coordinate the Adult Orange Ball program.
▪ Promote lessons, leagues, and tournaments.
▪ Coordinate and administer tennis lessons at various tennis facilities.
▪ Coordinate and administer a League Program
▪ Coordinate and administer Tournaments.
- Write the guidelines for the Adult Orange Ball Program
- Order equipment and supplies
- Acquire tennis court permits for the program in conjunction with our Director of Community Tennis
- Develop a marketing plan for the Program
- Work in collaboration with Section staff
- Promote the program with the neighboring island Community Tennis Organizations (CTOs)
- Develop a schedule for lessons, leagues, and tournaments in conjunction with the Master Calendar and CTOs
- Assist with other section events and activities.
Who are you:
- Strong customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including written, presentations, public speaking, and an ability to communicate optimally with individuals at all levels
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency in MS Office/Google Suite, TMS, and STAR
- A professional team player with strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- High energy and passion with a desire to promote tennis
- Knowledge of Tennis and tennis playing Experience
- High school degree, college preferred.
- Tennis Link/NTRP ME
- Tennis playing experience required at a 4.5 level or higher
- Tennis teaching/coaching experience required
Mental and Physical Demands
- Requires frequent sitting and standing and ability to lift 25 pounds. Ability to travel to neighboring Islands and Mainland several times a year.
What we offer
This is a Full-Time Salaried Position. Minimum 40 hours a week, including evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Indoors, air-conditioned office for administrative work. Outdoors for tennis events.
As an employer, the USTA Hawaii Pacific offers a vibrant work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package crafted to meet the needs of a diverse workforce! Full health, dental, and disability insurance, as well as voluntary benefits, holidays, a comp time program.